Keeping Up With NUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to NUS's newly launched platform for YOU to interact and discuss burning issues or questions about NUS camps!

4 posters

Go down

Welcome to NUS's newly launched platform for YOU to interact and discuss burning issues or questions about NUS camps! Empty Welcome to NUS's newly launched platform for YOU to interact and discuss burning issues or questions about NUS camps!

Post by Admin Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:22 pm

Hi, welcome to Keeping Up With NUS where we encourage users and the public to discuss any issues they have with NUS here and also any queries you have for the camp organizers.   cheers

Our goal for creating this platform is to interact and keep in touch with our students and parents, as well as the public, on issues like the Orientation Camps or Hall camps that have been a main concern to the parents of new students coming into NUS. Smile

Please feel free to provide us with with constructive feedback and suggestions so as to improve and make the school and camps a better and conducive platform for you/your child to forge new friendships and educational environment.

Thank You. Razz

Last edited by Admin on Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

https://keepingupwithnus.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Welcome to NUS's newly launched platform for YOU to interact and discuss burning issues or questions about NUS camps! Empty Re: Welcome to NUS's newly launched platform for YOU to interact and discuss burning issues or questions about NUS camps!

Post by Admin Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:03 pm

Jessie1011 wrote:To whom it may concern,

I have some really important questions about the upcoming camps. As we all know how the media had previously revealed to the public how the camps have been really sexualized and inappropriate, I am deeply concerned about my child going for the orientation camps. Although the school have apologised and punished those at fault, what are the other measure put in place to prevent such a thing from happening again?

-Jessie, a very concerned parent

Hi Jessie,

To address your concern, we have put in place new features of ensuring comfort and safety of our student campers whereby student leaders are strictly briefed on the rules by OSA, all programmes are filtered by the OSA for approval and we are also implementing the live streaming and videos webcasted on to our website while the camp is going on. This is so that concerned parents can check up on their child and what they are up to during the camp and a more transparent and closely watched way of conducting camps to ensure no inappropriate activities are going on.

I hope that addresses your concern, Jessie.

Thank you for your question.

-Admin

Last edited by Admin on Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

https://keepingupwithnus.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Welcome to NUS's newly launched platform for YOU to interact and discuss burning issues or questions about NUS camps! Empty Re: Welcome to NUS's newly launched platform for YOU to interact and discuss burning issues or questions about NUS camps!

Post by Jessie1011 Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:37 pm

To whom it may concern,

I have some really important questions about the upcoming camps. As we all know how the media had previously revealed to the public how the camps have been really sexualized and inappropriate, I am deeply concerned about my child going for the orientation camps. Although the school have apologised and punished those at fault, what are the other measure put in place to prevent such a thing from happening again?

-Jessie, a very concerned parent

Jessie1011

Back to top Go down

Post by JackTan333 Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:38 pm

Hi,

I am a student who will be joining one of the Orientation camp and I have heard from my friends who have went through the camps that there were many asked to play games they were uncomfortable with. Despite them explaining their discomfort, they were pressured to join in and play it. This is one of my concern as I am pretty conservative and do not wish to participate in such game. If I were to be forced to play these games, is there any way i can reach out to someone for help during the camp or to back out from the camp?

- Jack

JackTan333

Back to top Go down

Post by MacyOh94 Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:39 pm

JackTan333 wrote:Hi,

I am a student who will be joining one of the Orientation camp and I have heard from my friends who have went through the camps that there were many asked to play games they were uncomfortable with. Despite them explaining their discomfort, they were pressured to join in and play it. This is one of my concern as I am pretty conservative and do not wish to participate in such game. If I were to be forced to play these games, is there any way i can reach out to someone for help during the camp or to back out from the camp?

- Jack

I'm one of the OComm member for the camps and was a camper, last year, we were never forced or pressured to do any inappropriate activities or games. When we felt uncomfortable, we merely informed the OGL ans sat out for the games. However, if the OGL is insistent or pressurizing you, you can just reach out to any OComm members, who will be introduced to you during camp, and they would gladly assist and help you in any way.

-Macy Oh, Year 2 student

MacyOh94

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum